David Place to Host “Medicare Changes in 2016” Presentation

Latest Medicare changes at David City Presentation

David Place is co-sponsoring a workshop about the newest revisions to Medicare on Tuesday, February 23 at 10:00 a.m. “Medicare Changes 2016” will be held at 260 South 10th Street, David City.

Medicare is constantly changing. One of the most confusing changes in 2016 is the Part B premium which remains the same for 70 percent of Medicare beneficiaries, but is going up for the remaining 30 per cent. A certified Medicare counselor will address this change and more, plus answer questions from the audience. For information, call (402) 367-3144.

“Medicare is one of the most popular health insurance programs, but people get confused by ongoing changes. This is especially true now when health insurance is rapidly evolving,” said presenter Bobbie Kierstead of the Nebraska Senior Health Insurance Information Program (SHIIP). “This program is an opportunity for people to get accurate information about Medicare, without any sales pressure,” she continued.

SHIIP is part of a national network funded by Medicare, which offers unbiased counseling and information about Medicare and related insurance. SHIIP does not sell or promote any insurance products. For information about Medicare, contact SHIIP at (800) 234-7119.


Nebraska Senior Health Insurance Information Program (SHIIP) offers free, unbiased Medicare education and counseling to help seniors and people with disabilities make informed decisions about health insurance. Services are provided statewide by 350 certified volunteers. Nebraska SHIIP is federally-funded and is a division of the Nebraska Department of Insurance.

Great Place to Work logo
Best Workplaces logo
AHCA Awards